If you’re visiting California you must’ve heard of Malibu…stars, expensive homes, beaches…just beautiful. But what is there to visit besides beaches? Are there any other tourist spots? I found two…actually two in one. The Malibu Lagoon Park…beautiful beach, surfers, lots of wildlife and the beautiful Adamson House…talk about attraction concentration!
Main tourist attractions in Malibu, California
- See more pictures from Malibu, California
- Adamson House – This house was built in the 1930s and it has been preserved with all the things a house would have in those times…from toilet paper to refrigerator. A tour lasts only one hour and you get to see some great views from the terrace.
- Malibu Lagoon Park – lots of pelicans and other wild life. This is a really cool place for nature photographers.
- Malibu Pier – you get to see people fishing and lots of waves on a stormy day…if you can stand it.
- Drive the Las Virgines canyon – very scenic
Visit the Adamson House
The Adamson House is a delightful tourist destination in Malibu, California. Built in the 1930s, Adamson House has preserved the lifestyle of that age by keeping all the items the Adamson family was using during that time. For a small fee ( I believe it was $10 per person) you can take the guide tour of the house. This way you get to climb on the top floor and go out on the balcony. The view of the ocean and the coast is magnificent.
Adamson House is an oceanfront mansion that was built in 1930.
See more pictures
Walk down to the Malibu Lagoon Park
Just down from the Malibu Pier you find the Malibu Lagoon Park. We just loved walking on the beach and looking at all the wildlife especially the pelicans. My daughter was so interested in all the birds we could admire at the Malibu Lagoon Park. It was a very relaxing walk on the beach.
Pelicans resting at sunset time in Malibu Lagoon Park
See more pictures
A tourist’s verdict of Malibu, California
Malibu is famous for movie stars and rich people. However, we loved Malibu for the stunning ocean views. The Malibu Lagoon Park was especially beautiful at sunset time. Have you visited Malibu? What did you see?